Monday, May 31, 2010

What I Know for Sure

Much in life is uncertain, but there are a few things that I know for sure. I know that where I am right now is exactly where I'm supposed to be. I know that life is unfolding exactly as it should. It's not always the way I want it to be, or how I think it should be, but I believe it's perfect anyway, exactly the way it is.

 I know that your real family is not necessarily related to you by blood and that you can meet someone and have an instantaneous, mysterious understanding that they are one of your tribe. I know that counting my blessings makes me much happier and more peaceful than counting my problems. I know that every day is a gift, filled with opportunities to choose between love and fear, and that these two things are all that's real. Everything else is an illusion.

Finally, I know that at the end of my life it will not be how much I've accomplished, how much money I've earned, or fame I've achieved that matters. All that will really matter is how willing I was to take down my walls and truly give and receive love.

No comments:

Post a Comment